Skip to main content

Buying and selling property

When you buy or sell a property, it is the responsibility of your conveyancer or solicitor to contact Western Water to transfer the names on the account.

Your conveyancer or solicitor should advise us of the property transfer by providing a Notice of Acquisition and Disposition.

Customers only need to contact Western Water if they would like to provide an alternative mailing address or to register their concession details.

Information statements

It is strongly recommended that conveyancers and solicitors request an information statement from Western Water to find information on the fees owing on a property within our service area at any particular time.

To obtain an information statement:

Information statements can also be requested through the Landata website. Additional costs may apply.

Please note:

  • Water usage charges are not included in information statements. We recommend you request a special meter reading 1 week prior to settlement to ensure water usage charges can be included in your adjustments at settlement. We don’t send a final bill to the previous property owner.
  • Information statements should be requested for properties without Western Water’s services available to them but are within Melbourne Water’s Waterways and Drainage Boundary.   

2017/18 Application Fees:

  • Information statement – 5 day turnaround: $64.76
  • Priority information statement – 1 business day turnaround: $88.31
  • Special meter read fee (when requested) - $26.20.

Facebook Updates

Email Notifications & Updates