Skip to main content


Whether you're buying, selling or renting you need to let us know when you're moving house so we can update your details.


You should give us at least 48 hours’ notice before you move into or out of a rental property. That gives us time to read the water meter, set up new accounts or send a final bill.

If you don’t tell us that you’re moving, you may get a bill for water you haven’t used.

Tenants, property managers or landlords can tell us that someone is moving in or out of a rental property by completing a Residential Tenancy Advice online form

For non-residential tenancies, please call us on 1300 650 422.

2016/17 Special meter read fee

A fee of $25.66 applies for a special meter read and is charged to the property owners' account. A special meter read is often required when we are notified of a tenancy change.

Buying or selling property

You only need to contact us if you would like to change your mailing address or register a concession.

Your solicitor or conveyancer should contact us to transfer the names on the accounts. Read more about buying and selling property.

Video: moving house

Facebook Updates

Email Notifications & Updates