Western Water sends you a bill three times per year.
Your bill includes:
- Service charges for the availability of water, sewerage and/or recycled water services, if you own the property.
- Waterways Charge (where applicable) charged on behalf of Melbourne Water, if you own the property.
- Water usage charges for the amount of drinking water and Class A recycled water (where available) used, if you occupy the property.
- A comparison of your water usage over 12 months.
See the current fees and charges.
Understanding Your Bill Fact Sheet264KB
In general, landlords of residential properties must pay:
- Service charges
- The Waterways Charge
- Usage charges if the property is not individually metered.
Tenants must pay water charges if they occupy a property that is individually metered.
Fact sheet: Landlords and tenants - who pays?249KB