Sammy the Snake and his waterwise friend Frances the Frog want to help you save water.
They would love primary school students (5 to 12 years old) to join Sammy's Waterwise Club (1181 Kb)
Members will enjoy a range of activities and competitions throughout the year and receive a birthday card from Sammy and Frances.
Sammy Invites You to Play Mission H20
Your mission: Water storages are at a critically low level and you have been assigned to the Wilson family household to save water.
Move through the Wilson’s house, exploring each room to discover eight games, lots of water saving tips and hidden videos.
Sammy's Waterwise Tips
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth. Use half a glass of water to wet your brush and rinse your mouth, and you can save up to 5 litres of water every time you clean your teeth
- Put a plug in the sink when you wash your hands and use the water more than once
- Cut at least one minute from every shower and you can save up to 140 litres of water each week. Aim for a 4 minute shower – use a timer
- Catch the warm-up water from your shower in a bucket and use it on your garden
- Share a bath with your brother or sister. Use the bath water on your garden afterwards (but not on plants you will eat)
- Reuse your clothes as much as possible before washing them
- Learn more water saving ideas for your home.
For more information telephone (03) 9218 5522 or email email@example.com.