About/Service levels and customer outcomes/Customer outcomes
We have worked with customers to identify five key customer outcomes to ensure we deliver value as we provide our services and plan for the future.
During the development of our Price Submission for 2018-2020, we established measures for each of these customer outcomes. You can read more about this in the Customer Outcomes booklet906KB.
You can view our performance for the 2018/19 year against each measure below.
1. This result measured through our annual customer satisfaction survey. In 2019, close to 1900 customers undertook this online survey.
2. Western Water achieved slightly less than target in cleared hardship customer participants due to a temporary extension in their retention period to ensure those customers could manage their debt beyond the program.
3. The review and subsequent extension of operating hours of Western Water's Operations Centre is expected to address the current numbers of emergency calls being transferred to an external provider resulting in call answering delays.
4. Western Water is on track to achieving the net emissions reduction target by 2024/25 despite actual greenhouse gas emissions being slightly behind the internal target for 2018/19.
5. This result is measured through our annual customer satisfaction survey. In 2019, close to 1900 customers undertook this online survey.
5. This result is measure through our annual customer satisfaction survey. In 2019, close to 1900 customers undertook this online survey. This was the first time the survey had been conducted online and the change in method appears to have produced lower scores across virtually all measures. In 2020, we will test the online method against the traditional phone method to verify that the change in results is driven by methodology rather than a change in actual customer perceptions.