Skip to main content


Easements are parts of land that Western Water has legal permission to access for the maintenance or installation of pipes or other assets.

If you have an easement on your property, it will be registered on your land title.

information symbol

We're currently experiencing delays in processing applications. Read more


Building over or near an easement

You must obtain permission from us to build a structure within one metre of a Western Water underground mains asset, or where you are building on an easement. A structure may include:

  • Sheds
  • Paving
  • Carports
  • Fences
  • Retaining walls
  • Garden beds
  • Trees
  • Landscaping
  • Deckings
  • Verandas
  • Tanks
  • Pools
  • Other structures built, placed, installed, laid or constructed.

Building over or near an easement must be accordance to the Customer guide to building over an easement or asset3MB

Application fees: 2020/21

$132.53 per application

How to apply

  1. Download and send us an Application for works over assets and/or easements form.565KB
  2. Pay with the Credit Card Payment Voucher.188KB

More Information

Email Notifications & Updates