We’re pleased to offer a variety of fun and interactive activities, that cater to a range of ages and abilities, that can be used at home, either individually or with others.
We'll update these activities regularly. If you'd like to know when we've uploaded new activities, videos or competitions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be sure to let you know.
Share with Sammy the Snake to receive a certificate
Our mascot, Sammy the Snake, will send you a printable certificate via email for completing watery activities at home.
Simply share your completed activities, artworks or experiments, either by scanning or taking a photo, and send to email@example.com or 0404 865 597 (please include an email address).
We can’t wait to see your creations!
One of our water heroes, Jakob, a grade 1 student from Kuranjang, sent in a picture of a rain gauge he made at home with his mum. Well done Jakob! Now all we need is a little rain to fill it up with :)
- Become a Scientist and conduct an experiment3MB
- Make a calming water meditation bottle3MB
- Have fun growing seeds and sprouts3MB
- Sammy's water photo frame4MB
- Sammy's water saving tip2MB
- My water saving message142KB
- The water cycle worksheet563KB
- Make your own rain gauge worksheet428KB
- Sammy loves water296KB
- Frances loves water119KB
- Sammy's water saving board game645KB
- Word find game240KB
- Water bodies match up game870KB
- Water efficiency tips418KB
- What not to flush down the toilet1MB
- What doesn't go down the drain1MB
- Water consumption chart161KB
Drinking water helps us maintain good health, keep up our energy levels and be able to think clearly. Place this in your bathrooms to help identify whether you are hydrated.
What not to flush down the toilet267KB
Unfortunately, there are many items that get flushed down toilets, which should be put into bins. Items such as toys, baby wipes and nappies can cause a lot of damage and over time clog up the pipes causing major problems. Place this in your bathrooms to help remember to think before you flush.
Video: What not to flush down the toilet
Watch this to learn more about our toilets and why only the three P’s; Pee, Poo and (loo) Paper, should be flushed down the toilet.
Melbourne Water welcomes you to take a virtual tour of the Western Treatment Plant. Learn about and experience the Western Treatment Plant in all its glory... minus the smells!