National Water Week, 19-25 October 2020, inspires individuals, communities and organisations to build awareness around the value of water.
Access to clean water is hugely important to our daily lives. We all need to protect our water environments and resources, and use water wisely.
Our inaugural online learning festival, will feature a new theme each day and bring together a fantastic collection of online events, activities and on demand videos to make National Water Week a week of education, experiments, enjoyment and learning.
- Announcement of our National Water Week Poster Competition winners.
- Tapstar Saves Water: Eaton Gorge Theatre Company will be performing their popular show online for use in classrooms or remote learning. The show promises to be a cartoon like, vibrant and energetic experience with plenty of humour and a touch of silliness. Audiences will learn what happens if the wrong things are put down the sink, in the toilet or in the drains.
- Online demonstrations including experiments, educational concepts, mind and body relaxation using yoga, meditation, meet some of our staff, tours of our treatment plants…just to name a few.
What else you can expect
- Sammy and Frances, and our Education Team, regularly popping up.
- A daily theme, featuring corresponding educational videos, activities and educational resources.
- A Reimagining Our Water Future matrix with a variety of activities for children/students of all ages, including all learning styles and across multiple curriculum areas and include hands on experiments and online learning.
How to get involved
All activities are free of charge.
Register your interest for each day’s activities so links, instructions and resources can be emailed directly to you.