Western Water constructed a new water pipe along White Avenue, Bacchus Marsh
Town(s): Bacchus Marsh,
Cost: $120,000 approximately
Expected Completion Date: Completed
What did this project involve?
- Replacement of an old water main with 350 metres of new 100mm pipe.
- Construction was mainly in the road pavement.
Why is this project needed?
- Replacing the existing water main with a new pipe improves service reliability and lessens the risk of leaks and bursts.
- It reduces maintenance and repair costs to the water pipe network.
- Construction commenced late October 2018 and was completed late December 2018.
Was the water supply impacted?
To minimise disruption to the water supply, properties were supplied with a temporary water service for a short period of time. The contractor, DKM Utility Services, contacted property owners and tenants to arrange a suitable time to transfer their service.