Class B & C recycled water can replace the need to use drinking water for a number of commercial and agricultural applications.
Approved agricultural purposes include:
- irrigation of human food crops grown over one meter above the ground and eaten raw (includes apples, pears and table grapes)
- human food crops cooked or processed before sale (includes wheat, wine grapes, olives)
- irrigation of pasture and fodder for some grazing animals including sheep, goats and horses.
Class B & C recycled water can also be used for:
- recreational turf
- wash down
- Christmas tree plantation
- tree plantations
- public open spaces and botanic gardens
- racecourse irrigation
- Council use
Specific site management controls are associated with the use of Class B & C recycled water.
Accessing Class B & C recycled water
Class B & C recycled water is supplied through pipes, standpipes and farm leases. More.