An integrated water management approach will help us meet the challenges of population growth and safeguard our water resources and environmental values for the future.
Western Water is committed to collaborative water planning and management in our region. This aims to ensure water is managed holistically, and values and benefits are shared across multiple responsible organisations to achieve the best outcomes for the community and environment.
We are supporting integrated water management (IWM) through:
Catchment scale collaborative planning
- IWM Forums for Werribee and Maribyrnong Rivers catchment areas, and the Coliban region. View the Victorian Government’s Integrated Management Framework for Victoria.
- Strategic Directions Statements can now be viewed for these IWM Forums: Maribyrnong, Werribee and Coliban.
Regional scale collaborative planning
- Sunbury Integrated Water Management Project
- Western Irrigation Network
- Melton Stormwater Harvesting Project.
Development scale collaborative planning
Integrated Water Management Strategy
Our Integrated Water Management Strategy provides a platform to collaborate with our regional partners on projects that support strong communities.