An integrated water management approach will help us meet the challenges of population growth and safeguard our water resources and environmental values for the future.
This strategy was developed for Western Water.
As Greater Western Water, we remain committed to collaborative water planning and management in our region to ensure water is managed holistically, and values and benefits are shared across multiple responsible organisations to achieve the best outcomes for the community and environment.
We are supporting integrated water management (IWM) through:
Catchment scale collaborative planning
- IWM Forums for Werribee and Maribyrnong Rivers catchment areas, and the Coliban region. View the Victorian Government’s Integrated Management Framework for Victoria.
- Strategic Directions Statements can now be viewed for these IWM Forums: Maribyrnong, Werribee and Coliban.
Regional scale collaborative planning
- Sunbury Integrated Water Management Project
- Western Irrigation Network
- Melton Stormwater Harvesting Project.
Development scale collaborative planning
Integrated Water Management Strategy
An Integrated Water Management Strategy provides a platform to collaborate with our regional partners on projects that support strong communities. On 1 July 2021, Greater Western Water was formed by bringing together Western Water and City West Water. Our Integrated Water Management Strategy is being updated for Greater Western Water. The below strategy is for the area previously serviced by Western Water.