Skip to main content

Non-residential properties

See the fees and charges for Greater Western Water services at non-residential properties

The charges on this page apply to properties in the area previously serviced by Western Water.

Water usage

For the area previously serviced by Western Water, all non-residential drinking water usage is charged at $2.6236 per 1000 litres in 2021/22.

Service availability charges

For the area previously serviced by Western Water, all properties, including vacant land, that have services available to them are charged service fees. These fees are split across three bills each financial year.

2021/22 charges:

20mm service$207.48 per year
25mm service$341.97 per year
32mm service$580.49 per year
40mm service$924.82 per year
50mm service$1462.84 per year
80mm service$3794.27 per year
100mm service$5946.35 per year
150mm service$13,418.88 per year
All properties$470.69 per year

Melbourne Water's Waterway and Drainage Charge

Melbourne Water's Waterways and Drainage Charge applies to all properties within their Waterways and Drainage Boundary. Greater Western Water collects the charge on behalf of Melbourne Water. The charges are split over three bills each financial year in the area previously serviced by Western Water. However, those properties who do not receive Greater Western Water services are charged the full amount once per year.

2021/22 charges:

Non-residential properties inside the Urban Growth Boundary$158.61 per year
All properties outside the Urban Growth Boundary$57.97 per year

Melbourne Water uses the funds to:

  • Improve river health through replanting, weed removal and erosion control
  • Provide grants to property owners and community groups to improve our waterways
  • Manage and improve larger regional drains
  • Operate and improve flood management and flood warning systems
  • Provide stormwater and drainage systems to service urban growth
  • Monitor and investigate waterways
  • Protect and improve water quality through improved stormwater management
  • Increase community and stakeholder engagement and involvement in programs
  • Increase knowledge and awareness of river health and flood management issues through education programs.

For more information, visit the Melbourne Water website.

To see what work Melbourne Water is undertaking near you, click here.

Landlords and tenants - who pays?

It is the property owner's responsibility to ensure the water account is paid.

On request, Greater Western Water can address water bills directly to the commercial tenant on the understanding that the property owner is ultimately responsible should the tenant fail to pay.

Rebate for properties used for a community benefit

Organisations that use land for the community’s benefit can get a rebate off their water bills.

To be eligible, the property must be "predominantly used" for one of the following purposes:

  • by a charitable organisation for charitable purposes,
  • by a not-for-profit organisation (NFP) providing or promoting outdoor sporting, recreational, cultural or other similar outdoor activities for such purposes,
  • by a war veterans’ organisation, and
  • by a public statutory body as a public open space or a park.

For more information on eligibility, and to apply, visit the Statement Revenue Office Victoria website.