Greater Western Water sends you a bill three times per year if your property is in the area previously serviced by Western Water.
Your bill includes:
- Service charges for the availability of water, sewerage and/or recycled water services, if you own the property.
- Waterways Charge (where applicable) charged on behalf of Melbourne Water, if you own the property.
- Water usage charges for the amount of drinking water and Class A recycled water (where available) used, if you occupy the property.
- A comparison of your water usage over 12 months.
To view the area previously serviced by Western Water, click here.
In general, landlords of residential properties must pay:
- Service charges
- The Waterways Charge
- Usage charges if the property is not individually metered.
For the area previously serviced by Western Water, tenants must pay water charges if they occupy a property that is individually metered.