If you're finding it difficult to pay your account, Greater Western Water EasyPay can help for customers in the area previously serviced by Western Water.
With Greater Western Water EasyPay you can spread the cost of your services by paying smaller amounts every fortnight or month, instead of a larger amount when your bill arrives.
How it works
- We'll estimate your annual charges and add any amounts already owing.
- We'll recommend a payment amount based on how often you'd like to pay.
- If you agree to the recommendation, we'll register a payment arrangement on your account.
- You can start making payments.
You can make payments via:
- Direct debit: we'll automatically deduct the payment from your bank account. Find out more.
- Centrepay: we'll automatically deduct the payment from your Centrelink payments. Find out more.
Or you can choose to pay via any of our other payment methods.
Cancelling or changing your plan
You can cancel or change your plan at any time. If you’re paying by direct debit you should provide at least 3 days’ notice.
If you cancel your plan, any outstanding amounts owing on your account must be paid.
EasyPay Terms and Conditions
Applying for an EasyPay Payment Plan
- Only the legal owner of the property or the financially responsible tenant who are properly authorised, or a person authorised as an authority to act on behalf of the owner or tenant, are eligible to enter into an EasyPay Payment Plan on the property account.
EasyPay Payment Plan calculation
- Your EasyPay Payment Plan is calculated by reviewing your account balance, your historical usage and an estimate of your costs over the period of the payment plan.
- Example: if your payment plan is for 12 months, the amount is then split into equal instalments depending on the frequency of your payment (26 instalments for fortnightly or 12 for monthly).
- You will continue to receive your bill every four months showing payments received and current charges. While you continue to make the regular agreed payments, there is no need for payment in full.
Duration of your EasyPay Payment Plan
- You should review your plan at least once every 12 months, or when your circumstances change, such as an increase in water usage.
- Unless your plan is cancelled, or you discontinue your Greater Western Water service, your EasyPay Payment Plan instalments will continue.
Changes in circumstances
- It is your responsibility to check your bill to make sure your payments meet the cost of the water and/or sewer services provided to you.
- You can contact Greater Western Water to change your EasyPay Payment Plan amounts.
- If you are unable to make an agreed payment you must contact Greater Western Water before the payment date to discuss options.
- If your usage changes, you need to contact Greater Western Water to update your payment amount. If you do not contact Greater Western Water, Greater Western Water may contact you to discuss increasing your payment where required.
- Reminders may be issued if you fail to pay the agreed amount on the nominated day/date.
- If the agreed amount is not paid on time your EasyPay Payment Plan may be cancelled and recovery action taken for any overdue amount.
- Whilst your EasyPay Payment Plan is active, there will be no recovery action taken.
Managing your EasyPay Payment Plan
- You can cancel your EasyPay Payment Plan at any time by contacting Greater Western Water.
- Greater Western Water may immediately cancel your EasyPay Payment Plan if:
- You are the owner of the property and you sell your property; or
- You are a tenant and you move out of the property; or
- Have breached any part of these terms and conditions; or
- Greater Western Water reasonably believes you are likely to breach any part of these terms and conditions.
- Greater Western Water reserves the right to review your EasyPay Payment Plan. Western Water may, at its sole discretion elect to cancel your EasyPay Payment Plan if it is satisfied that the payment amount will not meet the cost of the water services provided to you.
- If your EasyPay Payment Plan is cancelled (by you or Greater Western Water):
- any amounts owing by you to Greater Western Water will be immediately due and payable to Greater Western Water within 7 business days;
- all Greater Western Water's standard account terms will apply including normal recovery processes on all outstanding amounts.
- You may be required to make full payment of any amounts owing before another EasyPay Payment Plan is accepted.
- Greater Western Water is not required to offer an EasyPay Payment Plan if you have had two EasyPay Payment Plans cancelled due to non-payment in the past 12 months.
Greater Western Water reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or discontinue providing EasyPay any time upon providing you reasonable notice.