Plumbers are required to book inspections for new Class A recycled water connections.
This applies to all properties with Class A recycled water connections in the area previously serviced by Western Water.
There are three inspections, and some can be combined in the one visit:
- R1: From meter to dwelling. This inspection takes place when the recycled water and drinking water meter assemblies and the pipes to the house have been installed.
- R2: Rough in. This inspection takes place during construction, before the plasterboard goes on. This is to check that the recycled water pipes are only connected to the approved points.
- R3: Commissioning and fit off. The plumber must be on site for this inspection only. This inspection ensures that the drinking water and recycled water services have been correctly installed and there are no cross connections.
You must book inspections through Western Water Connect.
Please note that revisit fees apply if we visit a property for an inspection and:
- the works are not ready to inspect, or:
- the works do not meet the requirements for Class A recycled water connections.
The revisit fee in 2020/21 is $149.97 per inspection.
Bookings including an R1 and/or R2 inspection:
- the plumber does not need to be on-site for the inspection
- there is no fixed inspection time but you must book a date through Western Water Connect.
- work must be ready to be inspected by 7:00am on the day of the inspection.
Bookings including an R3 inspection:
- the plumber must be on-site for the inspection
- you must book an inspection date and time through Western Water Connect.