You need to apply to connect to our network. After you apply, we’ll issue a VBA consent to connect number (previously known as a PIC number).
The information on this page applies if you are building or renovating. If you're moving to a property that is already built, tell us you're moving.
We're currently experiencing delays in processing applications. Read more.
How to apply
To apply to connect to Greater Western Water's water, recycled water and/or sewerage network within the area previously serviced by Western Water, you will need to provide:
- a site and floor plan if you are connecting to the sewerage system.
- a plan of subdivision number if the property has not yet been titled. We can't approve new connections without a council approved subdivision.
- the plumber's name and their Victorian Building Authority Licence Number.
- all relevant documents, and pay the application fees.
After you apply
- Greater Western Water will review your application. For single residential connections this can take up to 10 business days.
- Greater Western Water approves the connection with conditions. A Victorian Building Authority consent number (previously known as a PIC number) will also be issued.
- The plumber can undertake works in accordance with the conditions provided.
- The plumber arranges for the Victorian Building Authority inspection to occur.
- For all new water connections, plumbers are required to set up the meter assembly then arrange for the water meter to be fitted. Find out more.
- For all Class A recycled water connections, plumbers are required to book inspections of the connection. Find out more.
- Test Prior approval will not be granted in greenfield development sites and if water and sewer main construction is not complete and/or accepted by Greater Western Water.
Start an application now:
Single residential connection
You must submit and pay for applications to connect a single residential property through Western Water Connect.
Applications may take up to 10 working days to process after necessary documentation has been provided and payment has been cleared.
All other connections
To apply to connect multi-unit developments or commercial properties you can either:
- Complete an Application for Water and Sewer Connection online form, or:
- Download and send us a WATER TAPPING / SEWER APPLICATION FORM(382KB).
Multi-unit developments and commercial applications are assessed on an individual basis after the application form and other documentation are received.
|Water connection (20mm), including water meter||$449.79|
|Water connection (25mm), including water meter||$830.38|
|Water connection (32mm), including water meter||$1747.35|
|Water connection (40mm), including water meter||$2266.25|
|Water connection (50mm), including water meter||$3477.26|
|Class A recycled water connection (where available)||$449.79|
|Class A recycled water inspection fee||$372.84|
|Class A recycled water reinspection fee||Contact Greater Western Water|
|Residential sewer connection - up to 10 fixtures||$224.77|
|Residential sewer connection - more than 10 fixtures||$307.26|
|Non-residential sewer connection - up to 10 fixtures||$311.35|
|Non-residential sewer connection - more than 10 fixtures||$548.96|
Multi-unit developments and commercial properties:
- applications are assessed on an individual basis after the application form and other documentation are received.
- additional fees may apply, including new customer contribution fees.