See Western Water's New Customer Contribution and administration fees for land development projects
Standardised New Customer Contributions (NCC) - 2020/21
- Standardised NCC will apply if the property is within the maps shown in Appendix B of the Guide to New Customer Contributions (available for download below)
- If a development (including a subdivision) requires either the construction of new assets or the upgrade of existing assets (either built by Western Water or built by the developer and gifted to Western Water) NCC will be payable at a Greenfield rate for each property created.
- If a property is serviced and connected for one or two of available services (i.e. potable (drinking) water, sewerage or alternate water), the provision of or connection to a further service will incur Greenfield NCC in respect of that new service.
- A property which is already serviced and connected and is to be subdivided will pay an Infill NCC for each additional property created.
- Specialised, non-subdivisional or higher water usage developments will be considered on a case-by-case basis with NCC calculated on either a pro-rata approach and/or “fixture units”.
- For multi-unit developments a “credit” will be provided for the existing lot and then standard NCC applied per unit.
Administration fees - 2020/21
Fees are charged to recover the costs incurred for preparation of works offer, design checking, construction audits, asset recording surveys, preparation of 'as constructed' plans and other costs.
|Application fee (including first lot)||Up to the first 10 lots (excl. first lot)||Each additional lot|
|Works including survey||$1607.99||$474.73||$237.34|
|Works with no survey||$1494.16||$167.30||$66.48|
- Non-works applications attract a fee of $474.73
- GST is payable on all of the above fees
- If feasibility studies are required, the developer will need to fund the study.
- A 5% maintenance bond (calculated on the actual costs of the works) is required to be paid to Western Water if any assets are constructed.