In a bushfire emergency you may have low water pressure or no supply.
What you can do
- Consult the CFA about preparing your family and home for a bushfire.
- Adopt a hydrant; keep the hydrant nearest your house clear and accessible and report any faults, damage or missing markers by calling us on 1300 650 422.
- Ensure we have your correct mobile phone number and email address so we can directly contact you with information about your water supply in an emergency. Please note, we may not be able to contact you in extreme circumstance
What Western Water is doing
Western Water is preparing for the bushfire season by getting our people and networks ready for extreme conditions. This includes keeping extra water in local reservoirs for firefighting.
However, in a bushfire emergency you may have low water pressure or no supply.
This may be due to:
- Power outages affecting our equipment.
- Increase in demand for water from residents and the CFA.
- Damage to our infrastructure caused by extreme heat or fire.