Together with the CFA, we're asking you to "adopt a hydrant" by ensuring the hydrant nearest your property is kept clear, visible and accessible at all times.
In the event of a fire it is essential that firefighters have quick and easy access to water from the nearest fire hydrant.
You can help by:
- Clearing soil grass and shrubs from around the hydrant
- Keeping vehicles clear of the hydrant
- Reporting any visible faults, damage or missing markers.
Report a hydrant needing attention
Let us know if you spot a fire hydrant with any of the following issues:
- Missing marker posts
- Faded paint on the top of the marker
- Missing covers.
You can report the issue to us by:
- completing an online form, or:
- calling 1300 650 422.
We aim to make necessary repairs within 14 days.