My Water Terms and Conditions of Access and Use.
Effective: July 2021
- (a) ABN means an Australian Business Number issued pursuant to the A New Tax System (Australian Business Number) Act 1999 (Cth).
- (b) Account Number means your account number generated by us in relation to your customer account with us (and which can be found on invoices we have sent to you for payment).
- (c) Business Day means a day (other than a Saturday or a Sunday) that is not gazetted as a Public Holiday in Melbourne, Victoria, together with any other day on which we are not open for general business (as notified to the public generally in advance, including through any notice published on My Water or our website).
- (d) Business Hours means the hours between 8:30am to 5.00pm on a Business Day.
- (e) Content includes, but is not limited to, the text matter of a document or publication in any form.
- (g) Laws means all relevant state, territory and Commonwealth laws and regulations.
- (h) My Water means the online portal accessible through our website and which provides you with the capacity to manage your account with us, pay your invoices, review your water usage and to otherwise interact with us to request our provision of a Service to you.
- (i) Password means a password you set and use for the purpose of accessing My Water and using the tools we offer via My Water.
- (j) Personal Information has the meaning given to the term ‘personal information’ by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
- (k) Privacy Laws means the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) and any other law regulating the privacy of personal information and which applies to us.
- (m) User ID means your email address or other details which you use to access and to use My Water.
- (n) Water Account means an account with Greater Western Water pursuant to which you receive water and sewerage services from Greater Western Water in consideration for your payment of your fees and charges to Greater Western Water.
2. Access to and use of My Water
- (a) In order to access and use My Water, you acknowledge and agree that you must create an account with us.
- (b) In order to create an account with us, you must submit the information we have requested (which may include your Account Number, your first name and surname, your date of birth, your email address, your phone number) and you must generate a Password that meets our minimum requirements (as set from time to time). Where you are creating an account with us on behalf of your organisation, you will also be required to provide us with your organisation’s name and ABN.
- (c) If you fail to provide us with accurate or complete information, or if you refuse to provide information that we request, then we may be unable to complete the creation of your account and you may be unable to access and to use My Water.
- (e) If at any time during your use of My Water, you determine that the information you have provided to us is incorrect, inaccurate and/or incomplete, then you must promptly notify us and update the information which you have provided, including by use of the tools we make available to you via My Water.
- (f) You are at all times solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you agree to ensure that only you use your User ID and Password in order to access and to use My Water.
- (g) You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of or suspect that your User ID and Password is being used to access My Water without your consent or if you become aware of or suspect that your account has been accessed without your consent.
3. Suspension of access to My Water and suspension of the provision of Services to You:
- (b) acting reasonably, we determine that the information you have provided to us is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated and you do not immediately take steps to rectify the inaccuracy, incompleteness or timeliness of the information;
- (c) acting reasonably, we suspect or become aware of any attempt by you or by any person with access to your account to bypass any security measures we have implemented in relation to My Water;
- (d) we are required to disable access to My Water for the purpose of carrying out support and maintenance in relation to My Water, in which case we will use our reasonable endeavours to carry out such support and maintenance outside Business Hours.
4. User ID, Password and Security:
- (a) You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for the security and safety of your User ID and Password combination and that you must take all necessary steps to protect your User ID and Password from unauthorised access, use or disclosure by any persons.
- (b) Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to notify us immediately once you become aware of any unauthorised or attempted unauthorised access to, use of or disclosure of your User ID or Password by any person and you agree to comply with any directions relating to security which we issue or which are issued on our behalf from time to time.
- (c) You also acknowledge and agree that we will take reasonable steps to monitor the use of your account on My Water. We reserve the right to suspend your access to your account should we detect any suspicious activity occurring in relation to your account until the suspicious activity has been resolved.
- (d) You acknowledge and agree that all payments made to us via My Water is handled by a third party on our behalf and that we do not collect or hold any payment information (including credit card details).
- (e) Notwithstanding the foregoing, you will be entitled to access current and historical records regarding the amounts paid by you to us in relation to your Water Account, as well as amounts that remain outstanding and unpaid to us.
- (a) you agree not to distribute in any medium any part of My Water, the tools or the Content without our prior written consent, unless we expressly and directly make available to you the means for such distribution through functionality we offer to you now or in the future;
- (d) without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to use or to access My Water, the tools or the Content for any commercial use unless you first obtain our prior written consent (such consent may be provided at our absolute discretion and subject to any conditions which we choose to impose at our absolute discretion).
- (e) In your use of My Water and the tools made available via My Water, and with respect to your access to the Content made available via My Water, you agree to comply with all applicable Laws.
- (b) If you do not provide Personal Information to us when requested, you may be unable to access or use part or all of My Water or the tools we make available via My Water.
- (c) When you provide us with Personal Information at our request, we may use the Personal Information to create a user profile for you via My Water. This user profile stores your individual information (which may include Personal Information about you) and includes settings generated in relation to your access and use privileges, the tools we make available and the Content.
- (f) We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we collect and hold about you from misuse, and from unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
- (g) We do not transfer or host any Personal Information outside Australia and where any Personal Information is transferred to a third party recipient outside Victoria, in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Laws, we use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the recipient complies with laws or a binding scheme that is equivalent to the requirements of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
7. Your Content and Conduct:
- (a) You are solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting the Content to us (including via upload to My Water).
- (b) You represent and warrant to us on a continuous basis that you own or you have the necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to submit the Content to us and that our reproduction, communication to the public and other exploitation of the Content (including the IPR in the Content) does not infringe the rights (including the IPR) of any third party.
- (c) You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable, fully paid up licence of the Content (including the IPR in the Content) to enable us to operate My Water and to make My Water, the Content and the tools available to you.
- (e) You additionally agree that you will not submit to us any Content, and that you will not use My Water or the tools we make available to transmit any material that is vulgar or obscene, discriminatory, sexist or racist, violent or graphic, contrary to applicable Laws or libellous, tortious, defamatory or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- (f) You agree that we may (at our reasonable discretion) remove Content which in our reasonable opinion breaches any of the restrictions set out in clause 7(e).
- (g) You also acknowledge and agree that the fact that we may make available your Content to other users of My Water does not mean that we endorse such Content or the person submitting the Content.
- (h) You further acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by Law, you indemnify us, keep us indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any claims made against us by any third party with respect to the Content (or any part of the Content), including the publication or release of the Content, or any imputations set out or contained in the Content.
- (i) Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that any links to websites controlled or operated by third parties are beyond our reasonable control and that we are not responsible for the content accessible via link(s) included in your Content or which we may otherwise make available. To the maximum extent permitted by Law, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any loss that you suffer or incur as a result of any third party website that is external to My Water being disabled or being unavailable for any reason.
- (j) We agree that we will use all reasonable endeavours to preserve the Content in a readily accessible format (including, where reasonably possible, the format in which you uploaded or otherwise submitted the Content to My Water) and to ensure that the Content can be accessed at any time.
8. Communications: Unless you expressly inform us otherwise (including by sending an email to us unsubscribing from our email list), you consent to your receipt (from us) of electronic messages (including email) attaching newsletters and/or updates of future developments relating to My Water and the Services that we offer or make available via My Water.
9. Data Transmissions: You acknowledge and agree that the Internet is an inherently insecure medium, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as being totally secure and that your data (including the Content you upload or otherwise submit to us) is stored on My Water at your own risk. While we take all reasonable steps to protect and secure your data transmission to My Water once we receive the transmission, you agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by Law, we are not liable to you for any misuse of or unauthorised access to, use of or disclosure of your data, unless such misuse of or unauthorised access to, use of or disclosure of your data is as a direct result of any negligent, reckless or intentional act or omission by us or by our employees or subcontractors.
10. Intellectual Property:
- (a) Subject to the remainder of this clause 10, you agree as follows:
- (i) as between you and us, all IPR in My Water is owned or controlled by us;
- (ii) to the extent that you upload to or provide Content for My Water, you own the IPR in such Content; and
- (iii) to the extent that parties other than you and us upload or provide Content for My Water, those other parties own the IPR in such Content.
11. Warranties and Representations:
- (a) We take all reasonable steps to ensure that My Water, the tools and the Content can be accessed at any time. However, notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that My Water, the tools and the Content are made available to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- (b) We agree to use our reasonable endeavours to restore My Water to full functionality and performance if and when such functionality and performance is interrupted for any reason.
- (c) You agree that My Water, the tools and the Content made available via My Water contain or comprise confidential and sensitive information. You acknowledge and agree that you will maintain the confidentiality of all such information and you agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of any actual or suspected unauthorised access to or use or disclosure of such information.
- (d) While we take all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of information contained on My Water (including the tools and the Content), to the maximum extent permitted by Law, we make no warranty or representation, nor give any guarantee as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the Content.
- (e) To the maximum extent permitted by Law, we make no representation or warranty, nor do we give any guarantee to you in relation to My Water or to the Content, including (without limitation) as to the reliability, suitability or availability of My Water or the Content, that access to My Water and/or to the Content will be secure, uninterrupted or error-free, that errors or defects with My Water and/or the Content will be able to be corrected, that My Water will operate with any other hardware, software, system or data, or the accuracy and fairness of the Content.
- (b) To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event shall we, our directors, officers, employees or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage arising from any:
- (i) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of Content;
- (ii) personal injury or property damage (of any nature whatsoever) arising or resulting from your access to and use of the Portal and/or the Content;
- (iii) any unauthorised access to or use of our storage system that hosts your Content, except where such unauthorised access to or use of our storage system is as a result of some negligent, reckless or wilful act or omission by us;
- (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the My Water;
- (v) any bugs, viruses and/or other malicious code which may be transmitted to or through My Water by any third party (except where such transmission is facilitated by some negligent, reckless or wilful act or omission by us); and/or
- (vi) any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via My Water, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory.
13. Notices: Without limiting the methods by which a notice or other communication may be given at Law, a notice or other communication is properly given or served if it is transmitted by electronic mail or other electronic means to your electronic mail address. You agree to promptly notify us of any change in your electronic mail address.
- (a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- (b) words importing one gender include other genders;
- (d) a reference to an individual or person includes a partnership, body corporate, government authority or agency and vice versa;
- (e) a reference to a party includes that party’s executors, administrators, successors, substitutes and permitted assigns;
- (f) other grammatical forms of defined words or expressions have corresponding meanings;
- (g) a covenant, undertaking, representation, warranty, indemnity or agreement made or given by two or more parties or a party comprised of two or more persons is made or given and binds those parties or persons jointly and severally;
- (h) a reference to a statute, code or other law includes regulations and other instruments made under it and includes consolidations, amendments, reenactments or replacements of any of them;
- (i) all monetary amounts are in Australian dollars;
- (j) a party that is a trustee is bound both personally and in its capacity as trustee; and
- (k) a reference to an authority, institution, association or body (original entity) that ceased to exist, been reconstituted, renamed or replaced or whose powers or functions have been transferred to another entity, is a reference to the entity that most closely serves the purposes or objects of the original entity.