We want to deliver the best outcomes for the community and environment as we upgrade the plant and plan for the future.
We expect the community will identify opportunities to enhance project planning including how the upgrade is delivered and how we should address environmental and aesthetic considerations.
Our first step will be to gather insights on community values about sewage treatment and our interaction with Jacksons Creek through a survey. We will continue to provide updates on the project for those who wish to stay informed.
During early engagement, residents and community members were invited to express their interest in joining a community panel for the upgrade project. Due to low levels of interest, the community panel will not be formed at this stage.
There are a variety of ways you can stay informed and have your say about the Gisborne Recycled Water Plant Upgrade. Most of these opportunities will be delivered through online methods and are described below.
- Sign up for the project upgrade.
- Visit this website for regular updates.
Have your say
- Complete our survey – Understanding values for Gisborne RWP and Jacksons Creek and enter the draw to win $100 off your next water bill or a $100 gift card.
- If you are interested in participating in a community panel about the project in future, please email email@example.com
- Take part in local environmental works coordinated by member groups of the Jacksons Creek EcoNetwork.
- Seek funding for public or private waterways works from Melbourne Water.
Ask questions or book a meeting
For those not online
If you know of an interested member of the community who is not able to access online resources, please ask them to call engagement coordinator, Nicole Cooper, on 9218 5455 to discuss phone and mail options.